||We'll hold it for you
Spend an afternoon getting introduced to farming lavender and what it takes to grow it commercially.
The tour starts at 1:00 and lasts for 4 hours. It involves walking on the farm, classroom discussion, and a bit of hands on activities.
You will learn about
- Aspects of planning to create a lavender farm
- Introduction to propagating lavender
- Techniques for planting large amounts of lavender
- Soil amendments needed and how to assess what your ground needs.
- Ways to take advantage of mechanization without spending too much
- Labor issues
- Weeding (bare dirt or weed cloth) cultivating, hand tools, tractor implements, body tips to stay healthy
- Various ways to harvest the lavender
- How to dry, strip, clean and/or distill lavender
- Caring for tools and equipment
- Safety issues
- Finding a market for your products
- Starting to think about developing a focus for your farm
You will take home
- Cuttings in a bag for you to propagate
- A bundle of freshly harvested lavender
- List or access to resources to go further
The class is four hours long
Cost is $100
Tour Location: Lavender Wind Farm, 2530 Darst Road, Coupeville WA 98239
NOTICE: This class needs a minimum of 4 attendees to "go". If it needs to be cancelled you will be reimbursed completely.